Workshops & Classes
Upcoming Workshops and classes for 2017
To be announced. Due to limited space in my classes, sign up to be notified of new classes and workshops as they are listed!
Past Workshops and Classes
Ampersand Colored Pencil Instructional Videos
Ampersand Colored Pencil Instructional Videos, produced for Ampersand Company
Ampersand Colored Pencil Instructional Video #2
Instructional video produced for Ampersand Company
• Sessions with Colored Pencil Masters DVD& book set, published by Sandra Angelo, 2012, contributing artist
• CP Treasures published by Ann Kullberg, 2012, contributing artist
• CPSA Signature Showcase Book, 2010, contributing artist
• SO Rhode Island Magazine 'Art View' artist feature, October 2009
• The Residences at the Westin Providence, featured artist in March 2009 newsletter
• Colored Pencil Secrets to Success by Ann Kullberg, contributing artist
• the Colored Pencil Artist's Drawing Bible, Chartwell Books, 2008, contributing artist
• Artist of the Week, Newport This Week newspaper, May 2007
• Profiled artist of East Bay Living Magazine May/June 2006 Issue
• Cover artwork for Discover Bristol, RI brochure 2006
• Featured artist of the Donovan Gallery on Boston Channel 5 Chronicles: Backroads 11/29/05 segment on the Rhode Island Coastline; artists and artisans
ABOUT THE ARTIST
My work is mainly 2D and in contemporary colored pencil using ordinary subjects and compositions and to portray them in an extraordinary way. Colored pencils permit me to combine the expressiveness of painting with the control of drawing. I use color, line, value, shape and light to portray emotion, luminescence and rhythms in my work and my intentis that each element is reflected in one another and develops simultaneously, deepening a relationship to one another. My drawings are both bold and delicate, transparent and sturdy. Recently I have begun to work in a three dimensional manner, creating handmade books and repurposed book sculpture, incorporating colored pencil and water media into my work. My scenes and still life subjects are from my global travels and my life in Rhode Island, sometimes incorporating elements of both.
I have a BFA from Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, with a concentration in printmaking. I am a signature member of the Colored Pencil Society of America in two areas, holding a second signature membership in the exploration of using other mediums and surfaces with colored pencil. I am also an artist member of the Art League of Rhode Island, Providence Art Club, Salmagundi Club, Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, NYC and the American Artists’ Professional League, NYC. I am a founding partner of Beach Studios in Middletown, RI, and occasionally teach classes in colored pencil drawing. My artwork has been exhibited in exhibitions throughout the US and I have had work published in four books and been written up in three colored pencil magazines.
GALLERIES, AWARDS, MEMBERSHIPS & COLLECTIONS